I'm reaching out to you because I need some assistance with 2 projects I am working on for my Master's program.
1. Calling all tech coordinators: If you are a tech coordinator in a school or school district, I'd love to get your feedback. I need to compose a wiki entry of about 2000 words on a particular sub-topic relating to computer networks at schools. I'm leaning towards one of these topics.
- Desktop Choices - How do you decide if you are going to deploy PC's or Mac's? Have you considered thin client alternatives? Do you use virtual machines? When and Why laptop carts? Etc....
- Support - Who provides it? How do you manage it? Do you get students involved? Etc...
- Social Networking - Is it encouraged or discouraged? Where and when is it appropriate? Are the community and/or parents involved?
- Vendors - How do you choose who to go with? How do you get your best pricing?
I'm also open to other options. Feel free to check out the table of contents for topic choices. Which would you most want to read about? Also, would you be open to reviewing my write-up when it's complete?
2. Calling all Educational Technology Specialists: If you are a computer teacher or are integrating technology into your own or other teacher's classrooms, I'd love to interview you. I need to create a 10 minute video posting on a specific topic. The topic I am targeting is the use of Social Networking in the Classroom. Questions I'd like to pose are:
- Blogs - Are you maintaining one for student usage? Do your students maintain their own blog? What are you using them for?
- Wikis - Do you have a class wiki? What do you post on it? Do your students contribute?
- Twitter - How do you utilize twitter in the classroom? Have you introduced your class to YouthTwitter?
- Skype - Have you used skype to enhance a lesson? In what way?
- Other - Are you doing podcasting with students? What other social networking tools are you using? Would like to use?
I hope to "film" at least 30-40 minutes of footage for the 10 minute video. I'm thinking we can use webcams to accomplish the video regardless of your location. Alternatively, we can use Skype to record audio and I can supplement with Powerpoint slides. Please let me know if you are open to being "interviewed". Thanks very much!!